Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bisexual Types


I thought it might be helpful if I posted a diagram of the 12 sexual types that I use when generating profiles for the Flex Test. They are defined individually in the tab above, and I will eventually post more detailed descriptions on my main Flexuality blog.

I think of ambisexual and polyamorous as categories that apply best to individuals who might explicitly recognize themselves, their attractions, or their behaviors as "bisexual." Equality of affection is more important for the polyamorous; equality of attraction or behavior applies more to the ambisexual. Queer captures those individuals who are mostly gay or lesbian but have a bisexual attitude or flexibility in whom they love.

The other four types pictured above are mostly straight but curious, adventurous, or experienced with the same sex. I left out metamorphic, transitioning, and restrained, because they are not really tied to any particular sexual orientation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot read the black on blue section at the right!

Post a Comment